April 29th 2022
Pre-Announcement of 3rd Call for the Asia Digital Transformation (Asia DX) Promotion Program
In early May 2022, AMEICC Secretariat, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) will open the 3rd call for Asia Digital Transformation (Asia DX) Promotion Program.
We already introduced this program in our news contents and have 40 ongoing projects now. Please see our ongoing projects list here our news on 3rd August 2021.
This Asia DX program covers expenses for demonstration projects by ASEAN and Japanese companies jointly to contribute to solving the socio-economic challenges in ASEAN region with innovative technologies such as digital tech.
Through the implementation of the projects, Japanese companies will proactively contribute to further disseminating innovations and improving a business environment in collaboration with the governments and private sector in the region.
Only a Japanese company can directly apply for this program, but it is necessary to find a local ASEAN company as a partner for its pilot project planned to apply.
For a private company in Southeast Asia, there is an opportunity to apply for this program only if you can find a good Japanese partner. Please consider trying it with your Japanese partner.
There is enough time to prepare for the application. In our current plan, we will open the next call from 9th May to 30th June 2022. For your consideration, we summarized basic information as follows.
Don’t miss this opportunity!!
- 10 ASEAN Member States （Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Any projects in ASEAN region can be applied.
- We can support projects in any fields; Medical/Healthcare, Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment/Energy, Tourism/Mobility, Manufacturing, Carbon Neutrality, Smart Cities, Supply Chain, etc.
- To specifically identify socio-economic challenges in the country and contribute to their solutions
- To use innovative technologies, such as digital technology
- To identify Japanese company※/ institution as the project partner
- To be expected that the business operation will start or continue early (generally within two years after the completion of the Proof of Concept project (PoC)) in the target country or others in ASEAN region
- *Applications for this program should be made by a Japanese project partner.
- **Please contact JETRO office in your country if you want some information for your application.
【Expenses to be covered】
- Expenses of travel, machinery and equipment, furniture and fixtures, consumable supplies, outsourcing, consignment, printing and binding, assistant personnel, etc.
- Please see a chart below for possible amount to be covered.
|Normal Subsidy||Small and medium companies||maximum 20 million yen, less than one-half of the subsidy-eligible expenses|
|Large companies||maximum 10 million yen, less than one-third of the subsidy-eligible expenses||Special Subsidy||Small and medium companies||maximum 50 million yen, less than one-half of the subsidy-eligible expenses|
|Large companies||maximum 50 million yen, less than one-third of the subsidy-eligible expenses|
- ***The maximum amount of subsidy varies depending on the size of the Japanese project partner.
- ****Projects which equipment cost exceeds half of the total project cost can be applied to “Special Subsidy”.
【Number of projects selected】
- Approx. 20 projects
- 9th May Monday to 30th June Thursday, 2022 (17:00 JST)
- ***** You can see deck slides including the same information here.
Mar 31st 2022
Business confidence improved among Japanese companies in Asia and Oceania：Results of JETRO's 2021 Survey on Business Conditions of Japanese Companies in Asia and Oceania
Jul 7th 2022
Japanese FDI Recovers Rapidly especially in ASEAN region: Post Covid-19 Resuming Business Trips to ASEAN; JETRO Promotes Attractive Investment Packages of ASEAN Member States (AMS)