August 9th 2022
Open Webinar: Concrete Actions based on Asia-Japan Investing for the Future Initiative
August 9th (TUE) 10:00 – 12:00 (UTC+7)
Japanese METI Minister Hagiuda launched the Asia Japan Investing for the Future Initiative (AJIF) this January to improve the region's attractiveness as a hub of global supply chains and create innovation to enhance sustainability and solve social challenges through collaborations between private and public sectors of both Japan and ASEAN. There are already successful examples of these collaborations.
In this webinar, co-hosted by ERIA and METI, we will highlight these success models and best practices in key industrial sectors and discuss how we can jointly expand and deepen our cooperation among industry representatives, government officials, and academia. The result of the webinar will be reported to the upcoming AEM-METI Meeting in September to discuss further actions among the Ministers.
- Prof Hidetoshi Nishimura, President, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- Tetsuya Watanabe, Special Advisor to the Minister, METI / Vice President, RIETI / Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Public Policy, The University of Tokyo
- Jun Arii, President, DMG MORI Thailand & Mekong Sub Region
- Yasuhiro Emi, Vice President of Administrative & Corporate Division, Denso Cambodia
- Masaharu Morita, Global Head for New business, Medical System DIV, Fujifilm Corporation (Japan)
- Eko S. A. Chahyanto, Director General of Resilience, Representatives and Access of International Industry, Ministry of Industry
- Koji Hachiyama, Chief Operating Officer, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
Date and Time
August 9th (TUE) 2022
Jakarta Time (UTC+7) 10:00 – 12:00
Venue: Virtual Room (link will be sent with confirmation of RSVP)